Just in Case it Matters to You
- THE BIGGEST SINGLE DRIVER OF ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY & PROFITABILITY involves communication of employee goals & expectations which clarify their role and motivate commitment which elevates worker performance, according to McKinsey. DCG experience is that the most effective tactics to achieve this objective involve: (1) Linking key employees to the company’s strategic goals, objectives & priorities, so they see how they fit into the big picture, encouraging their accountability; (2) Developing goals that are SMART – Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Results-oriented & Time-bound – which serve as a motivator for ongoing development; and (3) Correlating individual goals directly with a formalized Performance Evaluation & compensation Call us for courtesy consultation.
- “WOKE LEFTISM, IN ITS PRESENT INCARNATION, EXISTS TO DESTROY AND TEAR DOWN, to accentuate and capitalize on racial differences (however defined)… The methodology of cancel culture is utterly incoherent and unsustainable, with no logical standards that dictate who is and is not ‘canceled,’ except that living Leftists are mostly not cancelled by their mob for thought crimes that ruin both the non-Left or the generic dead… The only consistent pattern of woke punishment is to devour the sacrificial, single and vulnerable… Meanwhile, Americans are investing lost of capital in preempting wokeness – writing/ saying/acting in ways that are not productive but simply defensive: diversity oaths & pledges; billions of hours in reeducation & diversity training, in workshops & group confessionals, adjudicating & punishing those who do not comply; thousands of days of unproductive labor as functionaries scour the internet on the scent of a past misspoken word, or an ancient but now incorrect gesture that can return to ruin a rival or an enemy… Our economy will soon mimic the totalitarian ones of old – where violence is predicated on ideology, not it’s nature or magnitude.” [Victor Davis Hanson, AMERICAN GREATNESS -3/8/21]
- ‘TIME MANAGEMENT’ IS AN ILLUSION. It passes irrespective of our desire, intention or behavior. So framing efforts to improve productivity or efficiency in the context of the ‘clock’ is misdirected. Reality is that the problem in achieving results is “misplaced attention in a distracting world filled with technology designed to persuade us to engage with it, and constantly conspiring to steal time.” [FORBES] As a courtesy to clients, professional firms & not-for-profit organizations, DCG offers a one-hour ‘Lunch & Learn’ program “WORKING SMARTER, NOT HARDER,” focused on optimizing efficiency, effectiveness & prioritization in job performance – critical factors for employee job satisfaction & life balance which impact employer productivity, profitability & continuity.
- THOUGHT FOR THE FUTURE: “Is society slowly transitioning toward isolation? Even before the pandemic, gated communities, private properties, neighborhood segregation, office cubicles, retirement homes, mass incarceration, national borders – all reflect neoliberalism… and furthered by the pandemic’s emergence of remote setting of homes now sites for schooling, work and entertainment… As life expectancy is projected to steadily increase (up to five years just during the next decade) due to breakthroughs in tech & science industries, will our potential future be sitting, plugged into our 4k computer screens, devoid of physical human connection? Will gene editing technologies – already slowing the aging process for mice by 25%, with biologists claiming this ‘relatively easy to reproduce in humans in a clinical setting’ – be used to keep us alive forever so that we can watch infinite Netflix shows, send meaningless emails and scroll through social media feeds?” Just a thought. [ENTREPRENEUR – 2/10/21]
- THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK: China has built a road across the roof of the world between China & Pakistan 546 miles long, with infrastructure completed in 36 months at reported cost of $65 billion.
Calling an illegal alien an ‘undocumented immigrant’ is like calling a drug dealer an ‘unlicensed pharmacist.’
“When you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods but in favors, that people get richer by graft & pull than by work, with corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice, you may know that your society is doomed.” (Ayn Rand – 1957)