Just in Case it Matters to You
- PREDICTIONS FROM RAY KURZWEIL – inventor & futurist with a 30-year track record of accurate predictions, Director of Engineering at Google, and described by Inc. Magazine as the “rightful heir to Thomas Edison”:
(1) Within five years: Google will have created a system to read every document on the web and every book for meaning, then provide a rich search & question-answering experience based on the true meaning of natural language with 99.9% accuracy;
(2) Within a dozen years: (a) We will have the means to reprogram biology away from disease & aging, in the same way we reprogram computers. With the genome code, gene & stem cell therapies, the information technology of health and medicine will be a thousand times more powerful in a decade and a million times more so in two decades. (b) 3-D technology will be printing body organs as standard clinical practice, on biodegradable scaffolding populated with a patient’s own stem cells; 3-D will also have replaced significant portions of manufacturing, with ‘open source’ designs printable for pennies a pound. (c) Full-immersion visual-auditory virtual environments will have become the norm, allowing augmented reality to see and sense others, including limited ways of adding the tactile sense.
(3) By 2030: (a) Solar energy will have the capacity to meet all our energy needs as ‘grid parity’ is achieved – where cost of unsubsidized solar power is about the same as cost of electricity. With inexpensive energy, production of food and clean water will be revolutionized, including recycling of all nutrients, hydroponic plants for fruits & vegetables, in-vitro cloning of muscle tissue for non-animal-meat, and end of the ecological disaster that constitutes contemporary factory farming. (b) Nanobots will travel non-invasively into the brain’s nervous system through capillaries, to augment signals coming from our real visual senses and result in full-immersion virtual tactile experience. [CNN.COM – Dec 10, 13]
- BEGINNING OF A NEW YEAR ALWAYS PROVIDES A PSYCHOLOGICAL OPPORTUNITY FOR CHANGE. “Change is the law of life and those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” (John F.Kennedy) “There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.” (N.Machievelli) “Culture does not change because we desire to change it, but when the organization is trans-formed; the culture reflects the realities of people working together every day.”(F.Hesselbein) “The rate of change is not going to slow down anytime soon. If anything, competition in most industries will probably speed up even more in the next few decades.” (J.Kotter) “Change before you have to.” (Jack Welch) “People don’t resist change. They resist being changed.” (P.Senge).DCG has decades of experience in Change & Transition Management; Let us help you optimize 2014.
- OPTIMIZING BUSINESS PRODUCTIVITY AND PROFITABILITY is about utilizing efficiency to do things the right way, and being effective in doing the right things. Without a start-point of clear goals – what you want to achieve and what it looks or feels like when reached – there cannot be a “right” direction. In strategic planning, the next step is then about developing clear objectives – what actual steps need to occur in order to achieve the goals. In business (as well as life in general), among the biggest challenges to getting stuff done are (1) understanding those true objectives:who needs to do what with prioritized phases & timelines; and (2) absolute clarity in communicating with those responsible to ensure that direction isfocused and in sync. Coordinating strategy to implement the achievement of goals is the core focus of DCG; we do so efficiently, effectively, and cost-beneficially. Let us help you.
- THOUGHTS FOR THE FUTURE: As online dating sites continue expanding into specific niche marketing for customers – ethnic, religious, spiritual, fetish, seniors, sports devotees and the like – what will become of conventional relationships?
What will save us from ourselves? Carl Sagan’s brief and brilliant video on our ‘Pale Blue Dot in a Sunbeam’ and the implications of our ‘civilized’ species: www.upworthy.com/the-single-most-mind-altering-photograph-humanity-has-ever-taken
A Doctor’s summary of ObamaCare in one sentence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZbFrAAV3-o&feature=youtu.be
“There is only one good: knowledge, and one evil: ignorance." – Socrates, Greek philosopher