Just in Case it Matters to You
- “DISORGANIZATION IS BAD ENOUGH WHEN EVERYONE IS WORKING SIDE-BY-SIDE IN THE OFFICE, but its effects can be magnified when so many people are working remotely. This not only creates high stress, but can also put your organization in jeopardy… For some, being disorganized still means struggling to maintain a neat desk; others have difficulty keeping their tasks & to-do lists in order, managing time or setting priorities… Being in constant disarray often comes at a cost, so developing strategies to ensure timely task completion is important – like working ahead on projects before they become time-sensitive – before micromanaging may become necessary.” Call DCG for courtesy consultation to help with this critical factor in maintaining business productivity & profitability as remote work structure evolves. [JRNL OF ACCOUNTANCY – 8/31/20]
- A NEW I.R.S. INITIATIVE IS UNDERWAY, TARGETED ON HIGH NET-WORTH INDIVIDUALS, controlled Partnerships, S-Corps, Trusts, and Private Foundations, after prior years’ audits (for just three years) found over $440 billion of delinquent taxes. The examinations will be “holistic, employing augmented data analytics from multiple IRS divisions and linked to global high-wealth enterprises, with heightened scrutiny over self-dealing & disqualified loan issues.” [SINGER LEWAK NWSLTR – 9/20]
- TELEHEALTH IS NOW MAINSTREAM, forced by the pandemic. The benefits of most interactions are clear: For patients, 15-minutes from home versus half-day commitment, and monitoring of vital signs via diagnostic devices online; For medical providers, major cost savings in support staff & facilities, plus “allowing physicians to engage involved caregivers who might be able to help describe symptoms… Challenges remain for older adults who may lack access (real or perceived) to technology and/or may struggle with the abstract expression of how they’re feeling without human connection.” But 2020 is the year Telemedicine became part of our permanent culture. [NORTHWESTERN – Fall 20]
- ‘CULTURAL APPROPRIATION’ ACCUSATIONS CONTINUE AS ‘SOCIAL JUSTICE’ BATTLECRY. The premise of activists is that “people of a certain color use the ideas and traditions of cultures with different skin colors as a form of dress or use which is RACIST.” Intimidation has forced white women who gathered tortilla-making recipes on a road trip to Baja to close their shop after accusations of ‘stealing techniques’; a college student was accosted by someone who thought dreadlocks ‘belonged’ to her black culture. “What culture really is, is an idea developed over time, and a method by which people do something – art, dress, traditions, habits, etc. While certain ideas can originate from a ‘place’ and be practiced extensively there, the fact is they can take credit for it, but cannot ‘own’ the idea… Since man learned to walk upright, our species has been developing culture and improving by picking up what works and ditching what doesn’t to advance civilization… Cultural Appropriation is about as real as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.” [RED STATE – 9/1/20]
- A THINNING HAIR REMEDY other than prescription shampoo is now available: ‘Platelet Rich Plasma’ (PRP) drawn from your own blood and injected into your scalp. “Studies have shown that three sessions about a month apart can increase hair quality, density & stability for seven in ten patients… Results are not permanent,” but alternative to wearing a hat permanently. [MEN’S HEALTH – Jan/Feb 20]
- THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK: Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops rational thought from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down before November 3rd.
A short clear Johns Hopkins Summary of Covid-19:
Since coronavirus is not a living organism, it cannot be killed. It has to decay on its own and disintegration time depends on temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies. (1) The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat and that is the reason why soap or detergent is the best weapon. The foam CUTS THE FAT (why scrubbing for 20 seconds matters – to create lots of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down. No bactericide or antibiotic will work. (2) HEAT melts fat so use water above 77 degrees; Any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES fat, especially the external lipid layer of the virus; Any solution with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaking it down from the inside. (3) Virus molecules remain very stable at colder temperatures, and also need moisture and darkness to stay stable. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade the virus faster. (4) UV LIGHT on any object that may contain the virus breaks down the protein, but caution, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin. The virus cannot penetrate healthy skin. (5) The more confined the space, the higher the concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less. (6) Wash your hands before and after touching any commonly used surfaces such as: mucosa (mouth area) , food, locks, knobs, switches, remotes, cell phones, watches, computers, desks etc. and the bathroom. (7) Moisturize your hands due to frequent washing. Dry hands have cracks and molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better. Also keep nails short so that the virus does not hide there.