Just in Case it Matters to You
- INFLATION IS UNQUESTIONABLY OUT OF CONTROL, and unfortunately is “as much about psychology as about economics, since expected inflation begets inflation, once people think prices are going up, they in turn, raise their own prices.” Economists never agree on forecasted timing, but major factors in 2022 include the degree of impact from: (1) Eventually diminishing backlog & bottlenecks in production & supply lines, availability of travel, re-opening of day care centers, increasing workforce (as unemployment & ‘stimulus’ payments wind down), and reduced panic-stocking of goods; (2) U.S. Dollar depreciation against foreign currencies, caused by unsustainable government debt – just another form of inflation; (3) Appreciation in real estate and rental costs, which tend to have further self-fulfilling momentum as owners/investors pass on price increases to tenants. [KELLOGG INSIGHT – 8/6/21]
- OPTIMAL DECISION-MAKING IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE without having all relevant information. “Overcoming blind spots requires nuanced perspective on potential risks and opportunities,” with focus on: (1) Win/win alternatives, as well as conventional win/lose posturing; (2) Soliciting ‘What are we missing?’ ideas, to encourage those in positions of less power to offer alternatives without fear of retribution; (3) Considering piecemeal options, which may suitable as immediate tentative steps, while deferring tougher issues. “Think of Decision Process as a lighting control, a dimmer with myriad settings (from dim & cozy to bright & clinical) in order to view each decision in the best possible light.” (4) Let DCG assist you in evaluating reality-based alternatives. [STRATEGY-BUSINESS.COM]
- WELCOME TO 2022 AND THE ‘WOKETRIX,’ A LITERAL CULTURAL REVOLUTION. “Unlike the iconic red/blue pill from the Matrix movie, this one isn’t fiction, and is regrettably now playing out on every college campus, boardroom, major sports team, and pervading nearly every TV show on every channel.” Led by followers of fundamental socialism, the objective is to erase Western (particularly American) culture, divide families irreparably, and effectively destroy 21st century civilized society. “The goal of the Woke is Power, by destruction of everything in that path – with strategies including depiction of the American flag as a symbol of oppression, media collusion to cover up truth with fake Factchecks, erasure of individual freedom to speak (even think) through Cancel Culture, and education industry curriculum influencing children to become the Woke activists of tomorrow.” Common sense is sound, practical judgment that is developed through life experience more so than any kind of formal education or training. Many otherwise smart people lack common sense because their general intelligence overrides it, influencing belief that personal feelings are the solution to what they’re led to believe are intrinsic problems, and remaining passive to deeper impacts of this cultural transition. [TOWNHALL – 12/27/21]
- MORAL PERSPECTIVE ON ‘RIGHT’ AND ‘WRONG’ IS INTERWOVEN WITH ONE’S PERSONALITY. Research now suggests that: “(1) Agreeableness –being polite/ compassionate/ cooperative – reflects a greater tendency to treat Care and Fairness judgements as moral priorities; (2) Conscientiousness – tendency to be organized/ hard working/ disciplined/ preference for structure & order – relates to Loyalty, respect for Authority and Purity/Sanctity as a foundation of morality; (3) Openness to Experience – curiosity/ being imaginative/ preferring change to status quo – involves viewing morality in a kind of cost-benefit analysis with firm & socially sanctioned rules less relevant or unimportant (e.g. supporting protest & civil disobedience); (4) Consequentialness – evaluating based on what results from an action – tends to support moral perspective that Ends justify the Means (e.g. saving multiple lives); (5) Generousness, especially relative to the sensitivity of context, can also help explain why people often find themselves locking horns, or simply talking past one another when discussing morally salient issues.” [PSYCHE.CO – 12/22/21]
- THOUGHTS FOR THE WEEK: Wondering about what is the ‘METAVERSE’: https://youtu.be/z0dhy4Ifx_w Fascinating!
“Never in history has such a mediocre, but self-important and ungracious generation owed so much, and yet expressed so little gratitude, to its now dead forebears… 21st century critics rarely acknowledge that their own present affluence and leisure owe much to history’s prior generations whose toil helped create their current comfort.” https://dailycaller.com/2021/12/30/victor-davis-hanson-ungracious-demonization-past/
2021 Winner: Most Woke holiday message: “Please accept with no obligation, implied or explicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the summer/winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2022, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make your great nation. Not to imply that this country is necessarily greater than any other country in the world. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, gender identity, or sexual orientation of the wishes.”